A Black Hole Anomaly

A Black Hole Anomaly

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Of the Alliance and Other thoughts

Like many of my fellow EVE players, I grew tired of my initial NPC corporation very quickly. NPC corps are boring, they are good for the mining/production solo player, or for that scanner alt you use in Wormholes to hide your true identity, things like that.

So when a player applies to our Alliance after being in an NPC corp for nearly 2 years, you really have to wonder. The timing doesn't help either, one war ending, another expected to end soon. We're not sure why people keep wardeccing us to be honest, they spend most of their time cooped up in stations with us watching them, and hunting/locating their buddies.

The Alliance was birthed from a mining corporation, maybe that has something to do with it, people think you're weak and so they attack what they assume are a bunch of industrialists. We have a lot more than just industrialists though, and with a strong financial back-bone that runs from mining and production to wormhole ops and regular PvP, many of our members aren't afraid to lose the random ship, to take a mate and chase a war-target until someone loses a ship. I've lost some, I've destroyed some, it's the nature of EVE. My first kill was an absolute adrenaline rush, mining and industry are simply tools to pay for the fun!

I had an interesting conversation with a war-target recently, an Alliance mate and I were chasing him down and had him hiding in a station. We spoke in local and he came out with the equivalent of "that's hardly fair, ganging up on one person like this", I suggested he take it up with whoever the idiot was that began the war if he thought things were unfair.

I can see how so many players find EVE invades on their personal lives, I too am finding it difficult to prioritize with EVE around. Incredibly addicting, very cool, a cinematic experience, but it is still just a game, or so I keep trying to tell myself.

No comments: